There is no denying that the world has already shifted from digital to analogue. Every day, people are consuming more and more digital content. Phones, laptops, desktop computers, tablets – content is being accessed across all these screens. Most companies have already realised that in order to reach out to today’s audience they would have to go digital too. In case, you still have not put much thought into digital marketing, you may be missing out on valuable chances to reach out to a wider audience and thereby, increase sales.
What is digital marketing?
Simply stating, it is the promotion of products or services or brands with the help of one or more forms of electronic media. It differs significantly from traditional marketing as it includes the use of channels and methods that make it possible for a brand to analyze marketing campaigns in real time. It provides brands with a clear idea about customer behaviors as well as the success rate of implemented campaigns.
Why is it so important?
Today’s audience has easy access to information from anywhere at any given time that they want. The days when your audience only knew what you wanted them to know about your brand are long gone. Now, hyper-connectivity has enabled the audience to know everything about a brand. This information is not just the brand is saying about itself but even what the media, friends, relatives, peers, etc. are saying about it. It is an already established fact that people tend to believe their peers more than what a brand says about itself. Digital media provides brands with a chance to connect directly with their audiences. Digital media helps people find brand that they can trust, companies that they can directly interact with, communications that are personalized and relevant and offers that are custom-made to suit their needs and preferences.
What are its benefits?
1) It can go from planning to execution in a fairly short span of time.
2) It can be conducted through various type of content like videos, written content, pictures, interactive content, etc.
3) It enable fans/ readers/ viewers to share your content, which will help you reach out to more prospective buyers.
4) The shelf life of an online marketing campaign is much longer than a traditional ad campaign.
5) Since this type of marketing enable brands to interact directly with their audiences, they can reply to their feedback, comment or complaints. This replies prove to the audience that the brands care about their opinion and this care can help to increase brand loyalty.
Most big brands have already invested in developing dedicated online marketing strategies. You might be thinking why you need to hire digital marketing services when your in-house team can do the work. The truth is an integrated online marketing strategy is an absolute must for any brand trying to build a solid online presence. However, developing the said strategy requires much expertise, considerable experience and intricate planning. Besides, consistency is one of the main factors that determine the success of digital marketing strategies. Hiring the services of an online marketing agency can help you leverage their expertise, experience, creativity and consistency to boost your online reach, sales and thereby, revenue.