100 Social Media Post Ideas That Are Crushing It
Are you in charge of posting something on your company’s social media platforms and you dread it most days. What on earth are you going to post… today!
But if this your job let’s reverse that yucky feeling in your stomach each day and tap into the most effective post ideas currently on the planet and turn your day in ooooh instead of aaaagh.
While Facebook maybe losing a few followers it’s still the ‘granddaddy’ to be on. Instagram is great for a younger market and LinkedIn is gaining momentum. Decide where your buyers and sellers would hang out on, and post there.
Let’s get stuck right in.
100 Real Estate Social Media Post Ideas
- What do you do – sell real estate, property manager, leasing consultant. This is a great time to show followers you tapping in a for sale sign, attending an auction or even a listing (but keep listings to 20% of your posts).
- Offer a free report or guide Produce a suburb price report and offer it free in exchange for an email address.
- Introduce a new product or resource Many agents have affiliations with landlord insurance suppliers, property maintenance services or easy pay options to collect rent or pay marketing costs. Let you readers know each offerings benefits.
- Build your newsletter subscriptions. Grow your email database at every opportunity you can.
- Promote your team Spotlight a team member and promote them. Let the world know about their special skill and or unique personality.
- The one day sale for your social media platform followers Let your Facebook followers know you are giving 50% off your marketing packages today.
- Highlight your business strengths Point out what you are good at. Aim it to outshine your competitors. “Our agents live locally”.
- Celebrate a milestone Have you been in business for 1, 5, 10 or 20 years+. Did your office or team member win an Award at your franchise’s Award night?
- Promote you team winning an award Get a team shot and highlight your staff.
- Rejig and re-use old content With reach percentages down, not everybody will see your content. Therefore you can re-post old content and it’ll mostly be fresh.
- Let your customers do the talking Grab some of your best testimonials and post them. Third party sources like Rate My Agent are a good source for these.
- Have a giveaway Giveaway a stamp duty or commission calculator in exchange for a readers email.address. What about a bundle of real estate investing books?
- Promote an event Got an auction coming up, let the world know about it. What about an investment seminar?
- Get an insight into your most popular posts Go to Audience Insights or download the Facebook Pages app and discover which posts have been your most popular and repeat!
- Who’s your favourite fan Give them a shout out. Promote their business.
- Interview a local business Grab a video camera and shoot a quick video or Facebook Live with your local barista. Do you think he/she might become a big advocate of yours.
- Interview an industry expert Chat to a marketing expert on why it’s important to promote a property when it’s listed for sale.Who do you know is a tax depreciation expert? Get them to discuss property investment breaks. It’s good for your expert and your followers.
- Do you support a charity? Let the world know. Give them a plug. Redirect readers to the charity’s donation tab.
- Express your gratitude Talk about how blessed you feel by being part of your community.
- Spotlight an industry influencer Grab a media heavyweight like Mark Bouris and ask him for an interview.
- Say thanks It’s a word not used often enough. Tell people you are thankful for their support.
- Mention a competitor (if you are game) This will test your mettle but it might have a big upswing for you. Followers with see that you are confident about mentioning other competitive companies and the opposition will most likely give you the thumbs up.
- Post an inspirational post These are among the most viewed posts on the planet. While not many will admit to it, almost all of us love to be inspired.
- Tell your story Think your story is boring or you’ve got nothing to say. Think again. We are all unique and what may appear to be dull to us might be very uplifting to others.
- Talk about another inspiring person It might be somebody who is close to you eg Mother, brother or boss or somebody who has influenced you eg Nelson Mandella, Tony Robbins.
- Post a motivational quote Go to your favourite motivator and post one of their quotes BUT acknowledge them in the quote.
- Beating the odds Have you overcome a challenge? Beaten a huge obstacle. Post your story. What about an improvement in your career? It’s all inspiring.
- Your daily routine Routines are usually boring but when listed they can be very inspiring to others. Let people know your wake at 5, walk until 6 and read an uplifting book until 7 am five days a week.
- Have you mastered the ‘work-life’ balance thing Not many have but if you’ve got a few secrets, share them. Some people have four day weekends every two months. Others bush walk two weekends a month. What’s your secret sauce keeping you from burnout.
- Who’s a joy to be around? Share their story. We need more joy in our world
- National holidays Post something about Christmas, Easter, Father’s Day or Labor Day. Why not add a competition to this like a colouring in competition.
- Industry news Interest rate cut announcements from the Reserve Bank are always well read. Everybody wants to know how their hip pocket will be affected.
- Weather influences What if your area or neighbouring area is being affected by fire, water or wind. Post Emergency Service details advising people where they can get help.
- Sporting event Is it a sporting holiday in your city? Let followers know. Connect this post with others to send it viral. eg AFL Grand Final.
- Special events International Women’s Day, National Left Handed Day, Queensland Day. Google a calendar of special days for more ideas.
Real Estate Hashtags
- Listing hashtags
- Branding hashtags
- #your farm area + expert
- #your farm area + brokerage
- #your farm area + personal branding
- #your farm area + expert
- #your farm area + brokerage
- #your farm area + personal branding
Your Personal Favourites
Let people into your private world and share a few favourite things.
- What’s your favourite book? It doesn’t have to be about real estate. Are you a C T Mitchell fan? Is romance your favourite genre.
- Favourite podcast What industry podcasts do you listen to? Is there a great podcast on food that you wouldn’t miss. Share it with your followers.
- Favourite YouTube channel Do you watch Gary Vaynerchuk for your daily dose of inspiration. Does Mel Robbins lift your day?
- Favourite resource What’s one thing you can’t do with out? For me it’s my automated email provider GetResponse. Do you rely on the fitness app My Fitness Pal. Share yours.
- Favourite indulgence Are you a secret chocolate eater? Do you love an iced cold chardonnay at 5 pm? Can you not do without hot chips and gravy?
- Favourite influencer I’m a big Seth Godin fan. I need my daily fix. Who is yours. Let the world know.
- Favourite online university Udemy gets my vote. 30,000 course on just about everything you want to know about and do.
You The Expert
- Write an article Blogging is still big and is great for your website’s SEO. Promote the article link via Facebook or LinkedIn and gain more readers.But you’re not sure how to write an article.
- FAQ Friday’s In real estate we get a lot of questions asked over and over again. Instead of being reactive to the questions, why not be proactive by posting say every Friday at a regular time like 2pm your answers to frequently asked questions.Video is a great way to do these as it also introduces you and your team to your audience. The videos don’t need to be long; 2 minutes is ample.
- What’s working now? I’m not referring to posting your marketing secrets so your competitors can copy but rather letting your buying and selling audience know what’s working well.Evidence removes doubt and the more times your post results of your marketing campaigns or auction programs producing outstanding results the more often incoming buyers or sellers will adopt your recommendations.
- Spotlight an Award winner Do you employ a top selling agent who has just picked up a coveted award? Is the Property Manager of the Year working with you? Is it you? Tell the world.
- Short How-to-videos Let people know how they can bid at an auction by posting a short informative video. Are you good at giving makeover tips? What about quick renovation ideas that can be completed in under 15 minutes.
- Infographics are cool Infographics condense information into an easy to read document. Because they are viually enticing, infographics have become very popular.
- One-on-one coaching live Do you coach people in real estate. Are you seeking more clients? Live video coaching calls demonstrate your style and assist in getting you more business.
- Money making tips Everybody likes to save money. Post ideas about gardening tips that don’t cost a fortune. Show ideas about recycling.Vintage wares are making a comeback and can be very trendy.
- Solve a problem What are the top 10 problems your landlords face regularly. Create posts around these and promote to your Facebook page as well as including in your email blasts.
- Quick Hacks Know a little tips passed down through your family and gets a great result quickly. It doesn’t have to be about real estate. What about your Grannies tip of adding lemonade to your scone mix to make them rise more and be fluffy to eat.
Ask A Question
- Create a poll Do you think interest rates will rise this month – yes or no? Would you sell your house using the auction method – yes or no?
- What’s your favourite Bedroom colour. Your spring flower choice. Again you could combine this with a prize. eg Tell us your favourite flower and we’ll give one lucky follower entry to the Sydney Flower Show.
- Fill in the blank The best coffee shop in Richmond is __________
- Get some feedback How are we doing? Can we get your feedback? What do you think of our new website? We’ve just updated the signs on our shop – what do you think?
Let’s Get Personal
- A Fun Fact Bet you didn’t know this about us/our company/our property manager
- You on holidays Post a pic of you on your latest holiday. Perhaps end it with a question. What’s you favourite holiday destination? Are you a beach or snow loving person?
- What are you reading now Show the latest book you are reading. Are you a subscriber to a rel estate publication – show it. Are you just chilling out with the latest copy of Mindful. Let your followers into your world.
- Relaxation time How do you relax? An afternoon by the pool? Coffee with friends? A massage?
- What’s on your bucket list Post a pic of the Orient Express if that’s on your bucket list. Perhaps you are a little more daring and you want to parachute out of a plane.
Stand Out Pictures
- Before and after photos Has one of your clients recently done a home renovation? Show the before and after pics. Landscaping and no landscaping. The before dilapidated fence to the now white picket stand out fence.
- Behind the scenes Show some pics of your team hard at work. “Getting your home ready for sale takes a lot of dedicated effort. We want to get it right for you”.
- Before and after selfie Are you on a diet? Show your before and after pics. What about weekend and work day pics.
- Show a demo Do you use a software program that benefits your landlords. Post it to highlight what it does which in turn shows your point of difference
- Sneak peek What’s coming. Everybody loves to be first in. Are you changing brands? Post a pic of your old shopfront signs coming down and a glimpse of the new brand.
Using the social media post ideas for real estate will save you time in coming up with ideas. If you take these ideas and put them into a scheduler you’ll cut down your time even further.
The post ideas will help build your engagement on your platform. Pick the platform where your customers hang out and you’ll get the best reaction for your channel.
Get started today, be consistent and start growing your brand.
Want to have all of the above organised for you? Want to cut down your thinking time even further? Grab thi s social media calendar today where all the work has been done for you.